The Unjournal of Children’s Literature (Unjournal) is an open-access, peer-reviewed academic journal. All articles, reviews, interviews, and additional content published in Unjournal are freely available for reading and, by virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. Authors of works published in Unjournal retain their copyright and may republish their articles elsewhere with proper notification of their prior publication in Unjournal. Please contact the editors with any questions regarding these policies or for written releases regarding republication at ChildLitUnjournal@gmail.com
All images and artwork in the journal are used for reference and academic purposes only and cannot be freely reused elsewhere. The rights to all images remain with the creator/copyright holder as listed in the site. This means that prior to using any images you must contact the respective copyright holders for use outside of the academic citation on this site.
Library of Congress
Creative Commons Copyright
The content published in The Unjournal of Children’s Literature is licensed under a “Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States” License. Further information about this license is available here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/deed.en_US
Open-Access Principles for Authors
Authors of articles accepted for publication in the Unjournal are deemed to have understood and accepted the following principles:
- The Author grants to the Unjournal a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive license to:
- reproduce the Author’s article in electronic form on the Unjournal website;
- authorize third party users of the Unjournal to download and print out copies of the Author’s article for their personal or internal institutional use; and,
- deposit with or otherwise make the Author’s article available to digital repositories as the opportunity arises, or upon the Author’s request.
- The Author grants to the Unjournal the worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive right to first publish the Author’s article, and the Author agrees that in the event of republishing the article elsewhere, whether in its entirety, or substantial portions, or as a modified version, the Author will include attribution to the following effect: “This article [OR IF APPLICABLE: portions of this article] first appeared in Volume [VOLUME NUMBER] Issue [ISSUE NUMBER and YEAR] of the Unjournal of Children’s Literature: http://www.ChildLitUnjournal.com”
- Except for the license principles expressed in 1-2 above, the Author retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the article.